Wednesday, August 1, 2007

IRL

Why do people who play WoW, get the urge every now and then to say "I'm going back to real life, where I can make actual progress." Is it just me or does this piss anyone else off?

I mean honestly, who cares?

As someone who has never played an MMO before WoW, I have to say, the impact on my life has been minimal. I still spend as much time as I can with my wife and kids, I still help out around the house as much as I can, and I still provide for my family. WoW has not changed my life, or the life of my family.

Now sure, I could have taken a 2nd job, and made $XX,XXX more a year...but I dont measure my happiness/progress with money...and I feel sorry for those who do.

In the past year, I have seen my little girl walk, my son play his first soccer game, and I put enough money away for my son to go to practically any college he wants when the time comes. I dont have a particulary well paying job either...

If your reading this blog, and you dont get anything positive out of me ever again...remember these two things:

1. Do what makes you happy, and dont let anyone else tell you what that is.

2. Do NOT let anyone tell you how to gauge progress, You alone know what matters most to you.

1 comment:

Jagoex said...

Not everyone is like you, Gamble.